Sunday, February 27, 2011

Marketing to Females.


Mark Gungor captures the difference between males and females in a comedic way. He's right though, women can easily make an emotional connection between a product, and that connection will keep them coming back for more. 


Take Page Premium Denim for example. I recently purchased a pair of Paige jeans and I found an insert in the back pocket, and the insert told me this:


"I want you to love your body. 
Feel comfortable in your skin. 
Be comfortable in your genes!
Thanks for believing in our product.

                                        Paige"

Not only does this memo connect with me on a personal level, it makes me feel good. It makes me feel so good that I want to spread the word about Paige denim, so I did. I showed some of my friends. I received nothing but positive responses. Although it may not have compelled them to go purchase Paige premium denim, the next time they see it in-store they may be willing to try on a pair, who knows.

Another example? Sanctuary Clothing. Sanctuary Clothing is a company founded in 1997 out of Los Angeles (www.sanctuaryclothing.com) that includes a small bracelet and charm with every purchase of their apparel. The bracelet comes with a cardboard cutout that says "Look for the Sanctuary symbol- Your Quality Guarantee." The charm is their logo, a small bird with the words sanctuary engraved along the back. Although this is a small effort, it helps to communicate to customers that they truly care about them because they are going above and beyond what is required. They make high quality products- and they're going the extra mile to communicate this. Not only do they care, but they're doing something innovative that will help spread word of mouth. I won't be surprised if Sanctuary experiences high growth over the next few years as North America emerges from the recession.

Paige Premium Denim and Sanctuary Clothing are just two companies that successfully market to women. They're establishing an emotional connection with their consumers, therefore creating brand loyalty, and spreading the word at the same time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment