Thursday, February 24, 2011

Change for the better #1

"The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection."


The slogan of Lexus- the relentless pursuit of perfection illustrates all the changes that Lexus has made in order to deliver great products. Through implementing kaizen- a philosophy of continuous improvement, they were able to engineer one of the quietest engines of all time. Their products exceed functional expectations. They are luxurious. They are reliable. They are safe



Two years ago I was involved in a car accident in a Lexus ES 300. I was driving on country roads around night time, when an animal ran in front of my car. My first reaction was to swerve. I swerved too much, lost control, and ending up driving off a 45 foot cliff into a forest. I thought I was going to die, right then and there, 19 years of age. To my surprise, the car landed perfectly on the forest floor, but I knew it was only a matter of time until I would crash into something. I crashed into a tree. 

So what was the outcome?

I walked out without a scratch. The ES 300 was an unbelievable car. Reliable? Check. My family and I had put 215,000 kilometres on this car, and nothing had needed to be repaired yet (except for routine replacements such as brake pads, and windshield wipers, but nothing of magnitude). Safe? Check. The police officer told me I was lucky to be alive given the situation. I asked him what the outcome would have been had the car had been of a smaller size. He shuddered at the thought. Luxurious? Check. Like any Lexus product, the exotic wooden steering wheel never made my fingers cold (unlike my all leather Benz steering wheel). 

The image pictured above wasn't my car (sorry to trick you) but my car looked very similar afterwards. I couldn't take a picture of my car because I was too traumatized afterwards to even think about taking a picture. In hindsight I wish I had. 

Lexus is always improving their products. To replace the car I crashed my family purchased the newer version of the ES 300- the ES 330. Because of my experience, I feel that we'll always purchase Lexus products. We also have a GX 470, and an LS 460. We haven't made any repairs on these cars because Lexus's quality is phenomenal. 

An experience like this completely changes your outlook on a company. If you are ever looking for a reliable, safe, luxurious car that you won't have to put a lot of money into for repairs and maintenance, Lexus is the brand for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment