Sunday, August 7, 2011

Skinny Scoop. Skinny Consumer. Happy Girl.

If you haven't heard of the company Skinny Cow (www.skinnycow.com), I highly recommend that you check it out. Ice cream is a pleasure to enjoy, but what isn't so pleasurable is the calories and the high fat content that accompany it. Fortunately there is Skinny Cow, a company that supplies the market with lower cal, lower fat content dessert products. 


On a recent family vacation to Florida, I visited an ice cream shoppe The Royal Scoop that I have been visiting ever since I can remember. The Royal Scoop have branded themselves seamlessly. They've created an experience around attending their store- a retro diner ambience, 60s rock music, and delicious homemade ice cream. 


So how does Skinny Cow tie into The Royal Scoop? 


Now that I'm more health conscious than I've ever been, I realize that The Royal Scoop gives you way too much high fat content ice cream for $3.49. One scoop costs $3.49, but they really give you 2.5 scoops for this price. I truly think that they should start selling "The Skinny Scoop" (inspired by Skinny Cow) which is one regular sized scoop of ice cream for $2.99. (Another thing to keep in mind is that The Royal Scoop is situated in an area where the average home is worth 1.8 million US dollars, so I'm making the assumption that consumers aren't price sensitive for small-ticket items.)


I'd certainly like to pay slightly less for considerably less ice cream. I'd visit The Royal Scoop more often if each time I visited I didn't feel so guilty afterwards. I emailed The Royal Scoop with my idea and have yet to hear anything back from them. Am I the only one who thinks this is a good business idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment